Conflict: A signal that something important is at stake. A chance to talk about what really matters. An opportunity to deepen connection and collaboration.
Resolution: A relaxing of tension and resistance. A deeper understanding of what’s important. A smart decision with real buy-in. Knowing you gave it your best.
Hello there. I’m Tammy Lenski and for two decades I’ve been helping people talk about and work out the friction and disagreements that get in the way of life, love, career, and teamwork.
“You actually seek out conflict?”
Some years back, I was chatting with a Red Cross nurse while donating blood. She asked what I do for a living and I replied that I help people resolve conflict.
Fast as can be she slapped her hand on my forehead, as though checking my temperature. “Honey,” she said in a lovely southern drawl, “let me get this straight. You actually seek out conflict?”
It is a privilege to help people create conversations that transform something difficult into something much better.
Two decades of conflict resolution experience
It’s been 20 years now since I founded my conflict resolution firm. Along the way I’ve had the good fortune to be recognized by my peers.
In 2012 the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) presented me with the Mary Parker Follett Award for innovative and pioneering work in the conflict resolution field. In 2013 I was appointed to ACR’s Academy of Advanced Practitioners. And in 2015 I received the Pioneer Award from the New England Association for Conflict Resolution for significant contributions to the conflict resolution field.
I began my career in higher education, serving as a dean and vice president, then later as one of the founding faculty of the world’s first master’s degree in mediation. I’ve written two conflict resolution books, The Conflict Pivot and Making Mediation Your Day Job, available everywhere.
First trained as a coach in 1987, I work with individuals who want to get traction around important matters, gain perspective on a complex situation, and accelerate results:
- Strategize how best to approach a conflict situation in your role as an organizational leader or manager.
- Anticipate a conversation you want to have and figure out how to navigate it most successfully.
- Confront a recurring problem with a colleague or business partner.
- Reduce friction or change a difficult dynamic at work or home.
- Fine-tune the way you present yourself to others in conflict or under pressure.
- Learn to lead robust team conversations and reach decisions with real buy-in.
- Craft an effective response to a quickly escalating conflict.
- For mediators, increase your impact through a vibrant private practice.
Conflict resolution speaker and trainer
Find out more about my conflict resolution, communication skills, and mediation training and speaking here: Conflict resolution training
A professional mediator for over two decades, my conflict resolution work centers on helping people sort out conflict and tension that’s getting in the way of high-priority, ongoing relationships at work or home.