I’m contributing this week and next over at Notes on Design, offering up a 6-part series called Dialogue Jump-Start: 5 Tips for Difficult Conversations with Clients.
The first post went up today and I hope you’ll drop by Sessions School of Design’s blog to say hello, check out their other terrific content (but fair warning: I got lost in there for over an hour on my first visit, reading through all the compelling topics and tips), and join in the conversation.
To whet your curiosity, here’s what’s on tap:
- Dialogue Jump-Start: 5 Tips for Difficult Conversations with Clients
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip 1: Be Curious George
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip 2: Be Kerri Strug
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip 3: Go to the Movies
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip 4: Be the Anti-Ostrich
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip 5: Give Your Fingers a Rest
Thanks, Anjula and Katie, for the invitation to contribute to Notes on Design and the support in getting everything set up!